Thursday, August 04, 2005

introduction

this is a blog where I publish pictures taken with my cell-phone during my everyday life in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, where I work as a dance-maker.
















this city was bombed nearly flat in 1941 by Germany. after the war, it was decided to modernize the city entirely and radically.

as a result, the buildings in the city-centre are wide and high, leaving a lot of space for the sky against the buildings. the combination with the waters of the Nieuwe Maas, leading to the Europoort (one of the biggest harbours in the world) and into the North Sea, makes the atmosphere one of air and fresh currents, wild winds and concentrated urban culture.

with this in mind i've decided to bring my own hommage to this special kind of beauty, and dedicate it as a contribution to the global project Skytime(tm) launched by Elaine Summers




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?